While the calendar has just flipped over to September, the thermometer, lush vineyards, and fields of vegetables would suggest otherwise. However, admittedly, summer has looked and felt a lot different this year. But we, too, are eager to dip our toes in the ocean, toast wine-filled glasses amidst the vineyards, and savor a memorable meal together al fresco.
With restrictions beginning to ease, we imagine you’re eager to start planning your trip back to Santa Rosa and Sonoma County. And, if you’re like most Americans, you miss traveling and are eager to return to travel as soon as it is safe to do so. At the same time, how to feel safe and stay healthy away from home is a topic that can feel like it has more questions than answers.
That’s exactly why Visit Santa Rosa and the Santa Rosa Metro Chamber has partnered with Sonoma County Tourism and other local Chambers and Visitor Centers to form the SAFE Travels Promise. Collectively are encouraging local businesses to voluntarily adopt the Promise as a demonstration of their commitment to the health and well-being of visitors and residents alike.
- Practice high standards of hygiene and observe all Sonoma County health regulations, even if they differ from those in your home city or state. Masks are required throughout our region. Click here for the latest Sonoma County updates and health protocols.
- Take the precautions needed to ensure your time here is safe. Consider the impact of any action and observe all restrictions.
- Everyone is doing their best in spite of many extraordinary challenges. Exercise extra patience during these trying times.
- The health and well-being of our visitors, our residents, and our employees are our top priority. Be thoughtful and cautious.
Your health and safety are priorities to you, and they are priorities to us. Among the standards that participating businesses pledge to uphold include:
- Prioritize visitor health and safety, even if doing so comes at an additional cost to their business.
- Develop and implement health and safety policies, procedures, and protocols specific to their business, and to implement and enforce them to safeguard visitors, the business, and their employees, as well as the community at large.
- Follow, meet, and exceed — where possible or appropriate — the guidelines issued by local, state, or federal government.
- Implement and enforce social and physical distancing policies, minimize person-to-person contact, and increase transparency throughout the visitor journey.
It’s one more way that Visit Santa Rosa and our Sonoma County hospitality partners can provide you with the Safe Travels Promise that you need to visit safely and with confidence.
We look forward to seeing you in Santa Rosa soon.