With so much to see, eat, drink and do in and around Santa Rosa, the possibilities for a perfect day are endless! Whether you’re a die-hard gourmand, on the road with young explorers, in need of some rest and relaxation, or the outdoorsy type, we’ve mapped out four unique itineraries that highlight many of our favorite spots.
If you want to stretch your legs and work up a sweat, our Outdoor Adventure will send you soaring through the redwoods on a zip line and coasting past vineyards on a bicycle. Need to unwind? Our Relaxation Getaway will find you soaking in a Cedar Enzyme Bath, then sampling wines paired with sushi. If you like to travel with your taste buds, our Foodie Field Day shows off some of Sonoma County’s freshest finds and lets you discover why Santa Rosa is a top destination for beer lovers all over the world. Want to bring the kids? Awesome — our Family Fun Day features a visit to the charming Charles M. Schulz Museum and then sends you on a scavenger hunt to see how many statues of Snoopy and friends you can find around town!
And remember, Santa Rosa is home to an official California Welcome Center. Located in Historic Railroad Square, the staff at the welcome center can provide visitors with maps and insider tips on favorite spots. You’ll find lots of coupons for local attractions and unique Santa Rosa and California gifts to commemorate your visit — a great first stop for any visitor!
Family Fun Day
- Fill up at Jeffrey's Hillside Cafe: An inviting, casual American spot at Hillside Inn for locally sourced breakfast, lunch and weekend brunch.
- Visit the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center: Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts gang charmed families around the world in daily comic strips for more than 50 years. Creator Charles M. Schulz spent the last 30 years of his life and career in Santa Rosa. The Charles M. Schulz Museum celebrates his art through exhibits and programs that are perfect for kids and will delight the kid in you.
Pro Tip: The Visit Santa Rosa Events Calendar features events happening at the Schulz Museum and elsewhere in Santa Rosa. Plug in your travel date(s) to see if there’s something special going on around town!
- Turn figure eights and sip hot cocoa at Snoopy’s Home Ice and Warm Puppy Café*: You don’t even have to move the car! The Redwood Empire Ice Arena shares a campus with the Schulz Museum. This magical indoor ice rink is the coolest spot in town. Carve up the ice and when you need to warm up, grab a Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate. P.S. They also serve Taylor Made Farms Organic Coffee for parents who need a pick-me-up.
*Note: Make sure to check the public skate hours at the ice rink.
- Shoppers’ Bonus Stop: Next door, Snoopy’s Gallery and Gift Shop feature over 1,500 unique PEANUTS™ products including one-of-a-kind collectibles only available there.
- Grab lunch at La Rosa Tequileria and Grille: Featuring an elevated execution and approach to Mexican and Latin cuisine. La Rosa Tequileria & Grille strives to take flavors found in traditional Mexican food and creates exciting modern dishes while celebrating favorite classics.
- Bonus Stop: If you’ve got little ones aged 10 and under, make time for the Children’s Museum of Sonoma County. This indoor-outdoor play space provides more than 40,000 square feet of hands-on, interactive science and art exhibits to entertain and educate. Open until 4 pm daily, except Tuesdays.
- Start your day early with breakfast at Drakes Sonoma Coast: Serene views of Bodega Bay and a farm-to-table seasonal menu is a tasty way to begin your relaxing daycation.
- Bonus Stop: If you’re swept away by the coastal views, take a drive along the Sonoma Coast state beaches between Bodega Bay and Jenner, or stretch your legs at Bodega Head Park & Beach.
- Soak in cedar at Osmosis Day Spa: For an experience you won’t find anywhere else in the western hemisphere, start your visit with Osmosis Day Spa’s authentic Cedar Enzyme Bath. Award-winning Japanese gardens create a tranquil atmosphere that calms the soul and sets the scene for their tea service. The spa offers rejuvenating, holistic treatments that promote relaxation and wellness, so add to the indulgence by pairing this service with a massage or facial.
- Sip wines paired with fresh locally source food at Martin Ray Winery: After a spa treatment, you’ll be ready for something light and refreshing to eat. Martin Ray Winery offers wine pairings featuring seasonal fare and unpretentious hospitality.
- Shop for antique treasures in Historic Railroad Square: This area of Santa Rosa is steeped in history, with train tracks laid in the 1870s. Seven of the surrounding buildings survived the 1906 earthquake. You’ll find several large shops filled with vintage delights, from home decor to art and clothing.
- Polish off the day with a delicious French dinner: You’ve got a tough choice to make for dinner! Sonoma Zipline Adventures: You’ll savor breathtaking views of the majestic Redwood forest at a leisurely pace and learn some incredible things about the Redwood ecosystem. Experienced thrill-seekers can try the Tree Tops course, with a 1500’ long line and speeds up to 40 miles per hour!